Saturday, January 7, 2012

A New Year



It's the beginning of a new year and like many people I have often made resolutions that I had good intentions of but never kept. However I find myself still making them year after year. Maybe it's because if I believe in the idea of starting over the resolution will actually come to fruition this time. Here's the a new year and starting over.

As many of you know a lot has happened to my poor body over a short amount of time. When we got married in 09 I was on Weight Watchers with Brian and we were doing ok on it. I was still overweight, but losing. Then we went on our Honeymoon to our all inclusive Mexico resort and that was the end of the losing weight experience. 6 short months later I found out I was pregnant with Andrew and gained 40 lbs during that pregnancy. I was determined to diet and get my weight under control once I finished breast feeding. Well when he turned 4 months I quit breast feeding. I found it way to hard to do and work full time, I just was'nt producing enough. Then two months later I was feeling weird again and yep, that's when we found out Brenden was on his way. I gained 15 lbs with Brenden and was heavier than I've ever been.

I determined that on Jan. 1st. I was going to make a change. Not only do I feel miserable but there are days that Im embarrassed to go out. I don't want to embarrass my husband and children to be seen with me based on the way I look. I'm not being a good role model either. I have an almost teenage son who watches me eat however I want and then not exercise or do anything about it. I owe it to him and myself to show him healthy is important. I've made a deal with him that when I get some of this weight off I want to start running and he wants to run with me to train for football. I also have a six year old daughter who wants me to help her with her dance and jump on the trampoline. I can't do those things with her right now. Then there are my two sweet babies. Should Andrew ever decide he's going to walk (ha ha) and in a few short months Brenden will be toddling around too, I want to run and chase them around. I can't do that right now either. Not effectively anyway. I need to be fit and healthy for me, but more importantly for my family.

I have determined that I am doing this. No matter what it takes. I'm not weighing in for my husband, my parents, or anyone else. I'm doing this for me!

I am hoping that if I chronicle my journey via this blog maybe I'll have more motivation to stay strong and on course. Perhaps also if I put it out there I've have more encouragement. Here's to 2012 and a new me!

** at today's posting I'm down 4.8 lbs. that's only 4 days of dieting too. :)

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! You can totally do this! I'm so proud of you for stating so publicly that you want to change your life! The Lord will give you strength when you feel like you don't have any left. He will help you achieve these goals! I'll be working too and maybe we can run a half marathon together! I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete