Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yum!

So I'm not sure the best approach to losing weight food wise but what I'm doing seems to be working since when I got on the scale this morning I was down another TWO pounds! I created my own version of what to eat. I suppose it's a modified version of what weight watchers is (or used to be anyway). I'm basically counting calories. For instance for lunch today I had a serving (slightly less than a cup) of broccoli cheese casserole for (227 cal) and a salad with basil balsamic dressing (84 cal). I've been drinking ridiculous quantities of water which I understand is the key to weight loss.

I have to share with you the recipe for the casserole. It was amazing. Ecspecially for being a low calorie VERY filling food. Yesterday for dinner I made a turkey tenderloin that was pre- marinated with a Cajun butter sauce. Yum! It was only 33 calories an ounce. It was one of those you get from SAMs so it was HUGE. I had tons of leftovers so I just chopped up 5 oz of it to use in the casserole. I added 6 oz fresh broccoli florets, a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of cheddar cheese soup, a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, about 1/4 cup minced onion, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. I then added 1 cup of uncooked brown minute rice. I mixed it all together and cooked it on 325 for 30 min. It was so good and filling, a stick to your ribs on a cold day good food. Even my husband loved it. :)

As of today's post my total loss is 6.8 lbs. I'm sure that's mostly water weight but it's very motivating!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you girl! I'm excited to read about your journey. AND thanks for the recipe tip :)

    ReplyDelete