Saturday, January 21, 2012

Some random thoughts

Since I last posted I've lost 12.2 lbs total. The losing has slowed significantly which I can only assume is mostly water weight. However 12lbs in such a short timeis still a good loss. I made a deal with my husband that I could build a charm bracelet based on my losses. Every ten lbs down earns me a charm or whatever to add to my bracelet. Today I went to Brighton and got my bracelet. What a great visual motivator to stay on course. I'm excited to add my first charm. :)

I've had a couple of thoughts since I started that I thought I'd share. I love cheese. All kinds of cheese. I add it to everything. Recipes seem to be more dressed up with cheese when thrown in there. However I bought low fat shredded cheese the other day. It was Kraft I think, but it was awful. No taste, a rubber like consistency, and it wouldn't melt. I'd rather not have any cheese than eat that stuff. I won't be buying that again.

The other thing I've rediscovered is Hungry Girl. I already had one of her cookbooks "200 under 200" and it's a good one. Then i got "300 under 300" for Christmas. It has the new points plus stuff in there if you are doing Weight Watchers. Also I subscribe to her website (it's free) and I get daily emails with calorie friendly recipes. Go to www.hungrygirl.com and check it out.

Also a shameless plug for my business- Pampered Chef's "Make It Fresh Make It Healthy" cookbook is a must have. If interested in that one you can visit my website : www.pamperedchef.biz/lesleybarker

Until next time happy healthy living. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment