Friday, January 27, 2012

Goal #2 achieved!!

This is HUGE! I have met my second goal, which was losing the weight I put on with Brenden- 15 lbs. As of this morning I have lost exactly 15 lbs since I started on Jan 3. I guess I should have made my first goal 10 lbs and then the next goal 15 lbs on top of that, but hey, gotta celebrate the little success right? I'm so proud of me!

I have a confession to make. I am addicted to the scale. I never thought I'd hear myself say that in a million years, but I get on the scale every day. I know I know, don't do that, you are all saying, but it's as if it gives me insight as to how the previous day went. Big loss, do it again like yesterday. No loss or gain, you better change some stuff. For instance I lost 12.2 lbs. Then I gained one pound a day for 4 days. I was concerned. I knew I needed to get with it and get serious again. We had gone out to eat in that 4 day period of time. Which by the way, eating out is HARD when you are trying to eat healthy and low calorie. I am going to try to do better though and at least do every other day. I've been told to only get on the scale once a week at the same time every week but I don't think I can go that long. :)

I learned a couple of new tricks that I didn't know that I want to share with you. One recipe I made called for string cheese in a shredded form. Huh? How do you do that? Well the recipe told me. :) So I took two 50 calorie light sargento string cheese, broke them into thirds to make them smaller and then put them in the food processor till they were chopped up. Tadah! Shredded string cheese. :) Fabulous. Also, laughing cow swiss cheese can be used for more than just a snack with crackers. I put it in green peas and mushrooms the other day, and it melted while in the oven, i stirred it all up together after taking it out, and it made the most fabulous creamy goodness. Also I used it with pigs in a blanket instead of using regular cheese. Most definitely yummy, and much less calories. 18 calories in cheese instead of 70. Incredibly, huh? I just spread 1/2 a wedge on the cresent roll before rolling it up with the hot dog. Most hot dogs are about 70 calories too but we used the turkey ones for 40 calories a piece. Yummy!

Oh! I must tell you about the meatloaf I made too! It had the most random ingredients- but in my husband's words "this is the best meatloaf I've ever had!" (shh, don't tell his mom)
It was a lb. of lean ground beef, quick cooking oats, sugar free jelly (the recipe called for grape, but we didn't have any so I used raspberry), an egg, garlic, salt, pepper, and ketchup. I think those were all the ingredients. Anyway, cook it in a loaf pan for 50 min. Delicious! I could have eaten the whole thing! Good thing it made just enough for the family to each get some. :)

Hope you are having a happy healthy week!

Here's to better living. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment